httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>
Subject Re: NT and modules
Date Tue, 17 Jun 1997 08:05:06 GMT
On Tue, 17 Jun 1997, Mark J Cox wrote:

> Alexei said:
> > question: does it work with Windows 95 as well, or just NT? Win 95
> > would be a definite plus.
>
> It works fine with Windows 95 (at least the 1.2b10 version did).

So should we stop labeling it "NT"? Certainly, I'm not going to
suggest that anyone who's going to be running a web server with any
sort of traffic should be running the server under Windows 95 - NT
seems much better suited to that, but there is an expanding market for
"personal" web servers, which run on a PC and can serve a couple of
hits here and there. If Apache can run on Windows 95, we might want to
tap into that market (although I'd bet on Microsoft including such a
server in the next release of Windows). The relative complexity of
Apache's configuration system might preclude it anyway, but it's
something we might consider.

But maybe we should at least think about not labeling it as being so
NT-specific?