httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>
Subject Whither 1.2.1?
Date Sun, 15 Jun 1997 23:08:57 GMT
It seems that we've started to work on 1.3, with Ben committing the NT
patches. That's good. What I'm wondering about is the number of
patches left over from 1.2, some of which, IIRC, fixed some bugs that
I think are worth fixing. I seem to remember a patch to fix a problem
with mod_negotiation choosing the incorrect variant. I'd like to see
this fixed, at least.

I'm not convinced a 1.2.1 is necessary, since there certainly aren't
any show-stoppers out there. What I'm wondering is how long people
think it'll be until 1.3b1 is released? If it's too long, I think a
1.2.1 with the various bugfixes/etc... might be in order. If it's only
a month or so, it can wait. Still, I'd like to get a new Apache out
there in that sort of timeframe.

BTW, 1.3-dev seems to compile on Unix (HP-UX 9.04 at least) now,
though I do get the following message. If it could be fixed, that'd be
nice:

        gcc -c   -g -DHPUX -Wall  alloc.c
alloc.c: In function `free_blocks':
alloc.c:153: warning: statement with no effect
alloc.c:175: warning: statement with no effect
alloc.c: In function `make_sub_pool':
alloc.c:274: warning: statement with no effect
alloc.c:291: warning: statement with no effect
alloc.c: In function `palloc':
alloc.c:377: warning: statement with no effect
alloc.c:383: warning: statement with no effect

This seems to come from acquire_mutex() and release_mutex() being
redefined as "0". Is it possible for these to be #ifdef MULTITHREADed?