httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>
Subject Re: Missing headers for small requests?
Date Thu, 12 Jun 1997 21:11:24 GMT
On Thu, 12 Jun 1997, Dean Gaudet wrote:

> It's been proposed several times.  But needs a revamp of the i/o system to
> do it...  hey can we agree that we want to use sfio?  If so then someone
> can get working on integrating sfio.

It's always been my plan to integrate an IO package like sfio into
Apache 2.0. However, is sfio itself the best choice? While I've not
heard anything specific (nor have I checked specifically), I've heard
random things in passing that seem to indicate there are problems with
sfio. RST used sfio in an early apache-XX, then switched over to
bstdio.

As for the particular question - it's illegal (HTTP/1.1) to send
Content-length with a chunked output. However, it might be a good idea
to buffer a few k before outputting, so we can tack on a
Content-length. The CERN httpd did that. But given that we have
chunking, I don't know if it should be a high priority.