httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com>
Subject Re: cvsup vs cvs
Date Tue, 17 Jun 1997 15:09:27 GMT
No, cvsup goes on _top_ of CVS to allow easier access to the repository.

The main use isn't for people who already have commit access, but it is
intented to allow people who don't easier read-only access to the CVS
tree.  Right now the only way is downloading the complete repository.
That is bad, especially now that more people are joining the mailing list
(with the combination of NT and the fact that it is now documented) and
want to put their useful testing skills to work...