httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com>
Subject Re: cvsupd ?
Date Tue, 17 Jun 1997 03:25:17 GMT
What do you mean create or replace?  Do you mean it doesn't properly
append just the changes (ie. it downloads the whole file) or are you
concerned about it not preserving local changes?

With cvsup, you can (among other things) check out a branch or tagged
version or HEAD, _or_ download the whole CVS tree.

If you do the former, local changes aren't preserved.  If you do the
latter, you still have to check out the tree locally, etc.  There are a
few things in between those two extremes but they can get a little
complicated.

What do you want it to do?