httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com>
Subject Re: Last draft of letter...call for signatures...
Date Fri, 13 Jun 1997 05:49:13 GMT
On Thu, 12 Jun 1997, sameer wrote:

> > Jason, they didn't make the changes I suggested; instead they just ran
> > the benchmark with the default values. Sorry I didn't make this clearer.

Note that if they tested before 1.2b<mumble>, they would be limited to 150
servers which may or may not be a problem.  All the other default settings
really would be a problem though...

> 	Sigh. Mention that in your letter. The tester REFUSED tuning
> advice from an Apache Group engineer.

No fair, I can't be an Apache Group engineer since its illegal in Alberta.
Can't be a Network Engineer either... <sigh>

Guess I could be an Apache ratvarre.  Cool, ratvarre is actually not a bad
word...  Bonus points to those who can figure out why I picked znep.com
for my home domain.

I'm hoping to be able to do some reasonable Apache/whatever  on FreeBSD
vs. IIS and SuiteSpot on NT benchmarks this summer.  Need to wait until I
can steal a 100 meg NIC for that machine though, since I can saturate 10
megs...