httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com>
Subject Re: PCWeek article...
Date Wed, 11 Jun 1997 04:38:18 GMT
On Tue, 10 Jun 1997, Brian Behlendorf wrote:

> I'm rather unhappy that despite my best efforts to represent
> otherwise, the server is still seen as for Unix gurus only.  And the
> chart showing speed lagging behind IIS is an embarrassment.

I did some benchmarking of Ambarish's NT port of Apache and compared it
against IIS 3.0 and Netscape Suitespot 3.0 beta or whatever version.
Under NT4.0.  I didn't take any formal results, but my first impressions
are that Apache was around the same level of performance as the other two.
Not bad for a first try port.