httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com>
Subject Re: branched tree
Date Mon, 09 Jun 1997 19:00:49 GMT
On Mon, 9 Jun 1997, Jim Jagielski wrote:

> Just to add another potato into the stew, does the version really
> warrant a minor-number upgrade from 1.2 to 1.3?

Perhaps not, but if we are doing a NT + Unix release then I say make it
1.3.  Two reasons; it means we have a stable 1.2 tree handy without a mess
of code (sure, we could bracnch 1.2 again, but there is no point) and it
helps us catch up to sendmail and BIND.

So the version number change to 1.3 is more of a source maintainence
thing than a let's make version numbers mean something thing.

I still like the suggestion (forget who...) of jumping to v8.  BIND can do
it, why can't we?  <g>