httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com>
Subject Re: [STATUS] Wed Jun 4 16:04:54 EDT 1997
Date Thu, 05 Jun 1997 05:35:48 GMT
On Thu, 5 Jun 1997, Randy Terbush wrote:

> I'm willing to do the branch and roll, but would like to read
> proper procedure from a knowledgable CVS person before doing this
> for the release.

I'm not sure we should branch.  Someone brought up the suggestion of using
using a seperate module for 2.0 source and many agreed I think.

CVS doesn't really know about branches, they are just an illusion.  It can
be quite confusing, especially for people that don't use them much.
Having it branched makes it far easier to compare source between 1.2 and
2.0 code, but at the expense of making working with 1.2 code much more
difficult.

Personally, I would just as well have the tree branch and keep it
together, but I probably have a better understanding of CVS branches than
some...