httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com>
Subject Re: [STATUS] Wed Jun 4 08:10:42 EDT 1997
Date Wed, 04 Jun 1997 13:48:04 GMT
On Wed, 4 Jun 1997, Jim Jagielski wrote:

>     * PR624 Closed: Fixed open timestamp fd in proxy_cache.c
>       (actually, CHANGES was adjusted to reflect the above which
>       was done in 1.2b11).
>
>     * Cleanup to remove malloc() from proxy_host2addr
>
>     * ABOUT_APACHE file added
>
>     * PR#663: SCO3 doesn't have writev()

IDSTR the two above PRs being closed in the PR db yet...

>   * We should all start signing up for binary builds for the
>     1.2 release:
>      Jim: A/UX 3.1.1, FreeBSD 2.2-STABLE
>      Ken: Digital UNIX V3.2E-1 (should work for any V3.2 system)
>      MarcS: FreeBSD-2.1-STABLE, SunOS 5.5 & 4.1.4, HPUX 10.10,
>       AIX 4.1.4

There were several more platforms I listed that I can do... lesee... IRIX
6.2, probably NeXT OpenStep 4.x and BSD/OS 2.0 (as opposed to 2.1) if
necessary.

Do we have any written docs on how binary releases should be made?  gcc or
native cc if it works?

>   * HP-UX Systems: Specifying 'cc' in Configuration on systems
>     that have 'gcc' installed causes Configure not to correctly
>     set CFLAGS
>      parses Makefile/Configuration which may be over kill
>      (right now Configure just sees if "CC=" is set in Makefile
>      but it doesn't go as far as seeing what it's set _to_).

Skip it for 1.2.  If you just run Configure, it will properly use gcc if
you have it and cc if you don't so not worth playing with for 1.2.

>   * Dean's solaris 256 FILE * problem
>     <Pine.LNX.3.95dg3.970507121700.11214J-100000@twinlark.arctic.org>

I think a modified version of this patch also solves some problems with
various operating systems having configs with >256 fds that work in 1.1
but not 1.2.  Still testing.

>   * error compiling on NeXT:
> 	In file included from http_main.c:108:
> 	/NextDeveloper/Headers/bsd/netinet/tcp.h:57: duplicate member `th_off'
> 	/NextDeveloper/Headers/bsd/netinet/tcp.h:58: duplicate member `th_x2'

> 	looks like an interaction between gcc and the header
> 	files.  It is trying to include definitions for both big and
> 	little endian platforms, and that no work.

Drop this.  Not an Apache problem.