httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>
Subject web benchmarking
Date Wed, 18 Jun 1997 04:19:17 GMT
anyone have any comments on programs for web benchmarking?  I keep saying
that I am planning to do some real benchmarking, comparing both Apache
against other Unix servers and against NT servers.

I have a server I can do whatever with (PPRO/180 w/96 megs), a couple of
Pentium Unix boxes I can pull to act as clients, enough 100 meg cards
(although no spare 100 meg hub...).   I don't have a network of Windows
machines to act as clients like some benchmarks want.

I think I will end up using webstone, but all the scripts it uses are ugly
things designed for SGI boxes where everything is insecure.

I looked at specweb, but aside from $800 for purchase it just doesn't look
to be that great.