httpd-dev mailing list archives

From ras...@bellglobal.com
Subject server start-up/shutdown hooks?
Date Fri, 13 Jun 1997 15:01:29 GMT
I am playing around with the idea of allowing a PHP script to be run
whenever an httpd process starts up, have it use permanent_pool to
store a super global stack frame which will then be accessible from the
pre-request PHP scripts.  And when the httpd exits I want to be able to
call a cleanup PHP script.

The main motivator for something like this is to be able to open up a
connection to an RDBMS from each httpd and have it remain open for the
life of the httpd process.  However, the mechanism would also be useful
for all sorts of other things.

I think I can get the startup stuff to work by putting in a server_config
handler in mod_php, but looking in http_main.c I don't see how I can get
a hook in to do something just before an httpd process exits.  Any ideas,
or will this end up as a wish list item for 2.0?

-Rasmus