httpd-dev mailing list archives

From ras...@bellglobal.com
Subject Re: [2.0] proposed vhost config rewrite
Date Thu, 12 Jun 1997 15:04:42 GMT
>     In all this lovely nesting and pre-scanned and analysed work, please
>     remember mod_info.  It has a current implementation which probably
>     won't be affected by the changes, but two proposed enhancements that
>     will:
>
>      1. be able to display the *active* configuration, not what's on
>         disk (and may have changed since the last reload)
>      2. be able to limit the display to the specific vhost
>         configuration, rather than displaying the entire config as it
>          does now

mod_info will need to be completely re-written for Apache 2.0 anyway.
The current implementation is a massive hack.  It currently parses the
*.conf files manually and tries to figure out what is going on.  It needs
to be rewritten to grab the configuration from memory somehow.  This
wasn't possible in 1.x.

I agree that per-vhost info would be a nice addition.  Along with that it
would be nice to be able to do a per-directory or per-file info as well.

I don't think we really need to worry about mod_info yet.  It is a minor
module that can be rewritten relatively quickly to reflect whatever new
mechanism we build.  If the config stuff is done right, mod_info will be
a trivial module.  Currently mod_info is anything but trivial.  For those
of you that haven't yet, take a look at the mod_info.c file.

-Rasmus