httpd-dev mailing list archives

From ras...@bellglobal.com
Subject Re: [STATUS] Wed Jun 4 08:10:42 EDT 1997
Date Wed, 04 Jun 1997 15:01:27 GMT
> Well, I'd like to keep the Makefile.tmpl dicing to a minimum.  How did
> php users configure mod_php before the b11 link order change?

They didn't.  They had to manually fix the Apache Makefile.

> It seems
> like Makefile.PL should be able to swap the LIBS/REGEX order back to
> b10 no matter what, then if mod_php is configured, change WANTHSREGEX
> to 'yes' or 'no' depending on how mod_php was configured.  Makefile.PL
> should be able to look somewhere in the mod_php build directory to
> determine if WANTHSREGEX should be 'yes' or 'no'.  Does this sound
> reasonable?

But how does that help?  The fact is that the old httpd rule which looked
like this is bogus:

httpd: $(REGLIB) $(OBJS)
        $(CC) $(LFLAGS)  -o httpd $(OBJS) $(REGLIB) $(LIBS)

No matter what I do, libphp.a which is part of $(LIBS) is not going
to see symbols in $(REGLIB) because of the order.

The one thing I can do is change the mod_php installation to make libphp.a
part of $(OBJS) instead.  ie. "mod_php.o libphp.a"

This seems like quite a hack to get around what must be a bug somewhere in
mod_perl.

-Rasmus