httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@kiwi.ICS.UCI.EDU>
Subject Re: hostname lookups
Date Tue, 01 Jul 1997 02:07:47 GMT
>But this is sounding close to a feature.  I'd like to keep HostnameLookups
>off for 1.2.1 release and maybe beef up the docs in CHANGES and the docs
>in the examples a bit more...

Feature or not, I'd expect to see it in before any change to the default
is released.  I should not have to search through our department's 900
potential user directories and their subdirectories for any existing .htaccess
files that might depend on HostnameLookups being on by default.  The fix
makes sense, even for sites that already turn off HostnameLookups.

....Roy  +1

View raw message