httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Laurie <...@gonzo.ben.algroup.co.uk>
Subject Re: T-shirts!
Date Sun, 29 Jun 1997 14:49:37 GMT
Nathan J Kurz wrote:

> > Andrew Wilson wrote:
> > > My concern is that the product isn't not-for-profit, since it's
> > > clearly intended to benefit the company through advertising.  I'd
> > > be very unhappy if K-Mart or McDonalds had a logo on a sanctioned
> > > Apache tshirt.  But then I'm having trouble enough just keeping a
> > > straight face about all this.
> >
> Ben Laurie replied:
> > Apache. The intention of the t-shirt is not to benefit the company,
> > however, if the company can't even get a mention, then what is in it
> > for the company? I should remind you that as a director of the
> > company, I have a duty to the shareholders. That duty does not
> > extend to using company resources to print t-shirts simply because I
> > think it is a cool idea.
>
> I'm peripheral, but this _is_ starting to sound a bit silly.

The only reason it is sounding silly is because one person is quibbling,
pointlessly, IMO. Obviously got too much spare time on his hands...

All I intend to put on the shirt is something like:

Printed by A.L. Digital Ltd., http://www.aldigital.co.uk/ApacheShirt

in small writing. What's the big deal about that? If it messes with the design
we may even settle for a link on the Apache site to the order page (and surely
we've _got_ to do that, whoever does it?).

Cheers,

Ben.