httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@kiwi.ICS.UCI.EDU>
Subject Re: [STATUS] 1.2.1
Date Mon, 23 Jun 1997 07:24:34 GMT
>>Vote on these over next few days.  Commit them to 1_2_X branch (be sure to
>>update CHANGES, I notice that HEAD is missing some CHANGES updates).
>
>Don't bother. Our "policy" (actually, something I decided a few months
>ago when I noticed src/CHANGES was rather large, and no one
>complained) is to not update src/CHANGES for major releases (e.g.,
>1.3b1), only for minor ones (.e.g, 1.2.1, 1.3b2).

Consider this a complaint.  Doing that left a huge gap in our acknowledgement
of contributions, which I was unable to fill because poring over four months
worth of new-httpd per gap is not my idea of fun.  As far as I'm concerned,
committing a developer-visible change to the source without a corresponding
entry in the CHANGES file is justification to revert the change.

If CHANGES gets too big (whatever that means), we can always trim it later.

....Roy