httpd-dev mailing list archives

From c...@decus.org (Rodent of Unusual Size)
Subject Re: PR#677 - Apache won't compile w/C++
Date Wed, 18 Jun 1997 20:03:17 GMT
    PR#677 complains that occurrences of "pool" elements in structure
    declarations keep him from being able to compile Apache with C++
    because they're declared as "pool *p" rather than "struct pool *p".
    Do we `warranty' Apache to be compilable with C++?  Or just ANSI C?
    Is it appropriate to make this change (doubtful), investigate it
    further (?), or just tell him we don't intend Apache to be
    C++-compilable?

    I'm not sure why this only applies to the pool elements - unless
    it's because all the other structures are declared in .h files but
    the actual pool structure is private to alloc.c..

    #ken    :-/}