httpd-dev mailing list archives

From (Rodent of Unusual Size)
Subject Re: from-cvs
Date Fri, 13 Jun 1997 15:31:03 GMT
>From the fingers of Brian Behlendorf flowed the following:
>If we were to set up cvsup, and give public read-only access to
>it at leat, could we remove the "from-cvs" hierarchy?  That appears to
>contribute to a lot of FTP load, since it's changing daily and the
>repository is huge.

    I don't know that cvsup would help so much.  Erm, I suspect a
    significant part of the from-cvs HTTP load (*not* FTP) was from me;
    I forgot to nuke my cron job when I got direct access to the
    repository, so it's been faithfully fetching it regularly.  Zapped.
    {blush}  That was through HTTP with Lynx, though, not FTP.

    How many people actually grab the CVS tarballhow often, and via what
    schemes?  Maybe it should be connexion-limited?

    #ken    :-P}

View raw message