httpd-dev mailing list archives

From c...@decus.org (Rodent of Unusual Size)
Subject Re: Whither 1.2.1 versus 1.3?
Date Thu, 12 Jun 1997 19:48:23 GMT
>From the fingers of Brian Behlendorf flowed the following:
>
>On Thu, 12 Jun 1997, Marc Slemko wrote:
>> IMHO, now that we have nearly decided to do 1.3 w/NT and Unix support,
>> there should be no effort except critical bugfixes applied to 1.2.  We can
>> not support three development trees.
>
>+1.  In fact I think we should move quickly on 1.3, focusing
>exclusively on NT support and only a handful of other fixes, and work
>to get a 2.0 beta out by the end of August.  I think we can do that,
>but only if we stay focused.

    So, does that mean we sit on these post-1.2 enhancements and
    non-critical fixes until after 1.3?  Commit 'em now for 1.3?  Or
    submit them to the voting process for inclusion in 1.3?

    I'm going to be of limited usefulness in the NT effort, I suspect,
    other than perhaps a few pass/fail tests of binaries.  While I've
    still got a lot of documentation fixes on my plate, I'd like to be
    able to work on things that *don't* touch the porting effort..

    #ken    :-/}