httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Laurie <...@gonzo.ben.algroup.co.uk>
Subject Re: NT, 1.3 and smiling
Date Mon, 09 Jun 1997 19:16:48 GMT
Jim Jagielski wrote:

> I'm backing out of this... I haven't seen the NT code in over a month
> so my memory is most likely way out of whack. The version I saw
> did have several places where the code "littered" (bad choice of
> words there) with #ifdefs. I believe there are more than one version
> of Apache NT floating around, and that might be causing the confusion
> as well. In any case, what's a few more #ifdefs, right? We're
> just gonna clean everything up later, right?

All right! Actually - I think we should declare open season on abstraction
(after we have a released NT port) - it'll be valuable experience.

I'd propose the following:

1.3: NT integration.

1.4: Open season on abstraction+anything else that keeps people amused until
we decide where we are with 2.0.

Don't get exercised about the sudden appearance of 1.4 - if it makes you feel
better, pretend I said 1.2.1 and 1.2.2 - there, now, that's OK, isn't it? I
expect 1.4 to be a never-released, experimental version.

1.3 should not occupy the attention of the whole group, either. Bar testing
occasionally.

> If we decide to support NT, we should fold those in as well as
> everything else that was on hold for the 1.2 release. After all,
> it's "simply" an additional port, right? Same as OS/2, right?

Yep.

> Let's fold 'em in. I don't care what we call it: 1.2.1, 1.3, 8.1.9
> or Ethel.

My vote is for Ethel.

> Once that's done, we start on 2.0 (or 9.5.4 or Fred or XP-10.31-a)

Yeppers.

Cheers,

Ben.