httpd-dev mailing list archives

From c...@decus.org (Rodent of Unusual Size)
Subject Re: [STATUS] Fri Jun 6 08:12:55 EDT 1997
Date Fri, 06 Jun 1997 13:01:45 GMT
>From the fingers of Ben Laurie flowed the following:
>
>Jim Jagielski wrote:
>>  * Debate branching
>
>Hasn't that bit finished?

    Personally, I find Roy's concerns, plus various other comments,
    disturbing.  I've never lived through a branch-versus-module
    experience, though, so I'm just an interested observer.  I'm
    expecting 2.0 to evolve quickly enough that in a couple of months
    maintaining any sort of cross-checking or compatibility with the 1.2
    sources will be meaningless, so I'd almost prefer the simplicity of
    a separate module.  Based upon my limited understanding, of course.

    #ken    :-)}