httpd-dev mailing list archives

From c...@decus.org (Rodent of Unusual Size)
Subject New bugdb.cgi
Date Fri, 06 Jun 1997 12:09:28 GMT
    Okey, I also backed out the "from: apbugs" thing that was so
    controversial.  I've committed the result, so everyone can now do
    the searching by header/content fields, add comments w/o changing PR
    state, et cetera.  The one aspect of this that I left in was that
    edit notification messages no longer say "Changed information...";
    they now match GNATS' expectations and are entitled
    "Re: xxx/nnn: <synopsis>".  So if the user replies to the message,
    it'll come to you; if either you or he adds "apbugs@apache.org" to
    the Cc line, it will also go into the bugdb against the PR (rather
    than being created as a new PR in "pending" state).

    One warning: replies will still create new PRs if the category is
    changed and replies are made using the old subject (e.g., if
    "test/400" gets changed to "other/400", replies to the old messages
    will create new "pending/nnn" PRs).  However, this isn't anything
    new.

    What would be the feeling about making the synopsis editable (i.e.,
    being able to change the title of a PR)?  As far as I can tell, that
    isn't used as a key anywhere, so it should be very simple to add and
    have no repercussions.

    #ken    :-)}