httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Laurie <...@gonzo.ben.algroup.co.uk>
Subject Re: [STATUS] Thu Jun 5 07:12:25 EDT 1997
Date Thu, 05 Jun 1997 15:14:16 GMT
Marc Slemko wrote:
> > Please reread what I said... create 2 directories, one with
> > the 1.2 stuff and the other with 2.0. For simplicity sake, name
> > the 2.0 stuff, which will be getting the most work, just apache.
> > Since it's the main one, 'cvs co apache' will work. For the
> > 1.2 stuff, use the CVS (release) tag to checkout the 1.2
> > stuff
>
> The point is that when you are working on the 1.2 branch, you can NOT just
> use a normal cvs update even after you have properly checked out the
> branch, but you have to include the -r flag _every_ time.  cvs branch tags
> are _NOT_ completely sticky, even though the docs claim they are.

That's not my experience - what makes you think this?

And how come I just went to my 1.1 directory and did this, for the first time
in ages:

148$ cvs update
cvs server: Updating .
cvs server: Updating cgi-bin
cvs server: Updating conf
cvs server: Updating htdocs
cvs server: Updating icons
cvs server: Updating src
P src/CHANGES
M src/Configuration.tmpl
M src/http_main.c
M src/http_request.c
P src/httpd.h
U src/mod_cookies.c
cvs server: Updating support

Clearly, if it had not stayed on the 1.1 branch it would have updated far more
than this. Furthermore, httpd.h now says:

#define SERVER_VERSION "Apache/1.1.3-dev" /* SEE COMMENTS ABOVE */

though it occurs to me that it should say 1.1.4-dev ;-)

Cheers,

Ben.