httpd-dev mailing list archives

From c...@decus.org (Rodent of Unusual Size)
Subject Building binaries for 1.2
Date Wed, 04 Jun 1997 21:04:06 GMT
    I seem to recall someone asking to-day just *how* to build canned
    binaries for the various platforms, but I don't recall a
    corresponding answer.  I only have the bundled cc at this point, no
    gcc - we don't need to build one from each, do we?

    Also, I'm heading off for a much-needed holiday (camping in the
    mountains of northern New Hampshire) on Friday morning, and won't be
    back until Monday evening.  So early Friday is the very latest I can
    be online to help out with anything..

    A note to whomever does the announcement: I *strongly* recommend
    that you add something like,

     "If you have problems, questions, or suggestions, DO NOT reply to
     this message via email!  EMAIL REPLIES WILL BE IGNORED.  Instead,
     please use the support mechanisms: either enter a report at
     <http://www.apache.org/bugdb.cgi> or post in the
     comp.infosystems.www.servers.unix USENET newsgroup."

    Most people will ignore it, of course, but at least you're covered.
    (Painful personal experience..)

    I can do this (within the above time constraints) if no-one else
    wants to do so.

    #ken    :-)}