httpd-dev mailing list archives

From c...@decus.org (Rodent of Unusual Size)
Subject Re: http://www.apache.org/manual-index/docs
Date Mon, 02 Jun 1997 15:00:57 GMT
>From the fingers of Rob Hartill flowed the following:
>
>A user asked apache-bugs where the submit button was on the
>page:
>
>http://www.apache.org/manual-index/docs
>
>It uses ISINDEX.
>
>Of course, the answer is to hit 'enter'.
>
>Last time I looked at ISINDEX (yers ago) it was supposed to be
>in the <HEAD></HEAD> section.

    It is listed in the Wilber recommendation under the children of
    HEAD, but it's a block element and listed under that category with
    the remark, "A single ISINDEX can appear in the document head or
    body."  If you put it in the HEAD, you cannot control placement.

>I suggest we use a GET based form instead.

    Parsing form arguments is overkill for this, IMHO.  I have changed
    the prompt from "Word to find" to "Enter word to find and press ENTER".
    Hopefully this will be enough of a clew..  Contrary opinions
    welcome.

    #ken    :-)}