httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ambarish Malpani <ambar...@isecurity.com>
Subject Re: Apache NT released
Date Wed, 18 Jun 1997 17:46:40 GMT
Oops, looks like this thing is going to blow up :-(. Before it does,
let me explain:

I had posted to the c.i.w.servers.misc and c.i.w.servers.ms-windows,
so that people could download this port of Apache and try it out,
much as I asked everyone in this mailing group to.

The goal is to get people to try the port, so that they can report
bugs. I was not, in the least trying to represent that this was
an "official" version of Apache on NT or any such thing (note the
use of the words "I have ported...").

Hopefully this is not a major issue. If there is any clarification
that you would like me to post, I don't mind doing that, but I
would still like to make this version available for people to play
with.

Ambarish

sameer wrote:

>         Chini is ValiCert's CEO. I would recommend that Ambarish post
> a followup saying that that was a mistake and that we'll release a
> beta July 15th. Also remove it from the valicert site.
>
> > Oh dear, someone called Chini Krishnan has announce Apache NT 1.2 to the
> > world in c.i.w.servers.misc. He or she seems to have faked the message to
> > look like to came from Ambarish, apart from the headers. If we start
> > getting lots of NT bug reports we'll know why.
> >
> > Perhaps Ambarish could remove the version on valicert now it is in the CVS
> > tree until we have a proper release version?
> >
> > Paul
> >
> > ========
> >
> > From: krishnan@best.com (Chini Krishnan)
> > Newsgroups: comp.infosystems.www.servers.misc
> > Subject: Apache available on NT and 95
> > Date: 17 Jun 1997 14:19:17 -0700
> >
> > Hello Netland,
> >  I have ported Apache (1.2 the released version) to Windows NT and
> > Windows 95. You can get the sources/the binary version at
> > http://www.valicert.com/goodies/
> >
> > It can also run as a proxy server.
> >
> > Ambarish
> > ambarish@valicert.com
> >

> --
> Sameer Parekh                                   Voice:   510-986-8770
> President                                       FAX:     510-986-8777
> C2Net
> http://www.c2.net/                              sameer@c2.net

Ambarish Malpani
Architect					       (408) 738-2040