httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ambarish Malpani <ambar...@isecurity.com>
Subject Re: apache_1.2b11 src/Makefile.tmpl (fwd)
Date Tue, 17 Jun 1997 21:37:01 GMT
Don't know about this specific problem, but one way around this
library dependency stuff, is to repeat a library again, so, if you
have a module in LIBS that you want taken in preference to one in
REGLIB, but REGLIB has a dependency on some modules in LIBS, you
can specify the link line as:

$(CC) $(LFLAGS)  -o httpd $(OBJS) $(LIBS) $(REGLIB) $(LIBS)

(assuming that all the right stuff is in independent C files....)

Ambarish

Rasmus Lerdorf wrote:

> >       $(CC) $(LFLAGS)  -o httpd $(OBJS) $(LIBS) $(REGLIB)
> > into
> > httpd: $(REGLIB) $(OBJS)
> >       $(CC) $(LFLAGS)  -o httpd $(OBJS) $(REGLIB) $(LIBS)
> >
> > this is necessary for SINIX and Reliant Unix from SNI, if
> > you want to use regex/libregex.a ( -lc is Part of $(LIBS) and
> > contains regcomp ) and I think it wont make
> > any trouble to other kinds of unix.
>
> This one is going to keep biting us, and we are going to have to make the
> change.  Doug is just going to have to figure out why it is breaking
> mod_perl, or work around it somehow.  I keep getting lots of email about
> this one as it relates to mod_php.
>
> -Rasmus

Ambarish Malpani
Architect					       (408) 738-2040