httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Behlendorf <>
Subject Re: Really sporadic Email
Date Tue, 24 Jun 1997 05:59:00 GMT
At 11:17 AM 6/17/97 -0700, Dean Gaudet wrote:
>Yeah we could possibly do this -- using as the
>exploder.  hyperreal and twinlark have private ether between them
>("network for free wherever possible"...) and twinlark's pipe to the world
>isn't anywhere near capacity.  But the bandwidth choke is on the router
>that hyperreal is attached to ...
>And qmail isn't the friendliest at letting you set up something like that
>in a way that actually saves bandwidth.

Right, that's the central problem, though remember sendmail is the SMTP
daemon, qmail is just the delivery daemon, so I could actually hand it off
some other way.

Isn't there a way I could call sendmail on the command line, with the right
set of -o options or something, to relay all mail to another machine?  Hmm,
one can't really give sendmail a list of recipients from a file easily though.

One way I used to do something like this, before qmail, was to rewrite mail
aliases right before shipping them off like so:  ->

I suppose I could set that up, through twinlark.  Then there'll be no delay.

Dean, is twinlark ready to be a relay for

View raw message