httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: Our recent Apache woes (fwd)
Date Sat, 28 Jun 1997 18:28:51 GMT
Randy Terbush wrote:

> > In 1.2.1, do you think we should default freebsd and aux to
> > USE_FLOCK_SERIALIZED_ACCEPT?  sunos should work with that as well.  I
> > don't know what to use for hpux, ultrix, osf1, paragon, sequent, ...
>
> Along with this it might be worth adding the patch I posted awhile
> back that would put the lockfile where the PID file was. Then
> again, we should probably even take some steps to make sure that
> the lockfile is not on an NFS filesystem.

+1 on that... In fact, I think that the changes should wait for
that patch :/

Seems pretty easy since you could use something like
server_root_relative (p, pid_fname), remove the filename part and
tack on the mutex filename to get mutex_fname. We could standardize
it as something like "accept.lock" or whatever...