httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Randy Terbush <ra...@zyzzyva.com>
Subject Re: Interesting HTTPd research (ACE, JAWS)
Date Sun, 22 Jun 1997 16:33:51 GMT
If you haven't looked at this yet, please do. (especially the C++
advocates) ACE appears to offer us some of the things we have be
thinking about doing.

As an argument to the compiler issue and C++, we're essentially
taking on a similar problem in WinNT. Many users of the NT version
won't even have (or want) a compiler. There is no reason that we
cannot provide binaries to Unix users without C++ compilers.