httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: And the fun begins...
Date Thu, 19 Jun 1997 10:38:17 GMT
Randy Terbush wrote:

> > On Wed, 18 Jun 1997, Randy Terbush wrote:
> >

> > > I'm going to make an executive decision here. Impeach me if you
> > > will.
> > >
> > > Ian (or anyone with access to a news feed with the "announcement"
> > > post available), please cancel the posting?
> > >
> > > Also, I would respectfully ask that Ambarish please remove the
> > > distribution from his website.
> > >
> > > In due time....
> >
> > I don't think we have the authority to demand any such thing.  I
> > don't like that it was posted, I don't think it was time yet, I
> > don't think a big enough distinction was made that the released
> > version is NOT related to the Apache Group, but Ambarish is free to
> > do whatever with his code, as in the pre-integrated version.
>
> WRT the "pre-integration" code, I would agree with you.
>
> I don't believe that voting for inclusion of this code gave up our
> rights to controlling the release cycle. If it did, then I need to
> change my vote.
>
> I understand the circumstances, I understand the anxiety. This is a
> group project and needs to continue to be IMO.

In my followup posts to Ambarish's one(s), I tried to make it clear
that the "official" stuff is not what Ambarish was talking about.
If the original post is canceled, should I cancel mine?

My only concern was the people would get the impression that Apache
had been released for NT, and that's not really true yet. After all,
it can't officially be Apache unless it come from us. My postings tried
to make that clear as well as give the world a slight preview on
a possible 1.3 beta in a month or so (which includes NT).