httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Kluft <>
Subject Re: Apache NT released
Date Wed, 18 Jun 1997 21:32:44 GMT
A followup from Ambarish would definitely help.

Also, you probably should cancel the bogus announcement.  It won't get wiped
out from all news sites (not all honor cancels) but it'll reduce its
visibility dramatically.  This should be done today before too many more
people see it.

I can do the cancel if the group decides that's what they want and no one
else here jumps up to do it.  I participate in coordinating the sbay.*
regional newsgroups, including review of automated spam cancels.  If someone
else prefers to handle it, make sure to put an explanation in the cancel
text because some people (apparently with tons of spare time) look through
them watching for cancel abuse.
Ian Kluft  KO6YQ PP-ASEL                                  Cisco Systems, Inc. (work) (home)          San Jose, CA

> From: Randy Terbush <>
> Perhaps a followup by Ambarish would be warranted to put the future
> availability into perspective?
> > Oh dear, someone called Chini Krishnan has announce Apache NT 1.2 to the
> > world in c.i.w.servers.misc. He or she seems to have faked the message to
> > look like to came from Ambarish, apart from the headers. If we start
> > getting lots of NT bug reports we'll know why.
> >
> > Perhaps Ambarish could remove the version on valicert now it is in the CVS
> > tree until we have a proper release version?

View raw message