httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Randy Terbush <ra...@zyzzyva.com>
Subject Re: NT and modules
Date Tue, 17 Jun 1997 19:56:53 GMT
Ya know... perhaps we are being stupid here, but most UNIX systems
have shared library capability. We are already creating modules
like mod_proxy as a .a that is being linked to the server. Why
couldn't we do the same with modules by creating a shared lib?
Seems that if nothing else, this could really reduce the memory
usage of hundreds of server processes?