httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: exit(1); return(child_pid);
Date Mon, 16 Jun 1997 13:07:00 GMT
Jim Jagielski wrote:

> I'm still under the opinion that it's ugly though and never returns
> a value at all under UNIX, no matter what happens. And under NT
> it's already returned a value... In any case, these functions which
> are called in spawn_child(_err) never return a value in UNIX and
> must in NT, yet the code makes it appear that, at first glance,
> it wants to return in both cases...

Ugggg... Ignore this. The easiest and simplest fix is to remove the
exit(1) from the function and let spawn_child(_err) handle the exit
call. Thus, if it returns, then the exec didn't succeed and we
know that and spawn_child(_err) does the exit for us. I can't recall
if it does a exit(0) or exit(1) but IMO it should be exit(1).

Sound reasonable?