httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: 1.3/2.0
Date Sat, 14 Jun 1997 22:09:34 GMT
Randy Terbush wrote:

> This is very true. We were in a pseudo freeze back in November. I
> think that if we want to have a 6 month release cycle, then we
> should set a freeze date for the first beta now. That should ease
> peoples minds about breaking code for a period of time.

I think the problem may be have been no real baseline or guide to
what we wanted 1.2 to be. Towards the end, we were adding cool,
gee-wiz stuff that, IMO, does improve the server, but could have
waited for a 1.2.1 or 1.2.2 release.

Unless we are very, very clear on what we want 2.0 to look like,
we will fall right into the same trap. Would people start building
a house with some detailed blueprints? I wouldn't.