httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: some votes, thoughts
Date Fri, 13 Jun 1997 12:50:10 GMT
Dean Gaudet wrote:

> -1 on holding off new feature commits any longer than a week or so, I'm
> really tired of being in feature freeze.  I've been holding off on work
> that I really want to do.  I don't care what the tree is named or what
> release I'm working towards, but I want to feel like it's safe for me to
> start developing code again.  I've got performance patches in various
> states of completion...

I don't think I can be +1 or -1 unless we all really look at the
NT stuff. If it looks like an easy transparent patch which has
no effect on the already existant OSs, then I think it makes sense
to add some stuff to 1.3 before we release it. If the NT stuff
involves a lot of work to allow the UNIX stuff to continue working
as is, I vote we only fix that and do nothing else.

> +1 on someone posting the NT patch so that we can see just how "ugly" it

+1

> Someone should compare sfio and bstdio, it would be nice to avoid rolling
> our own layered i/o system.  We seem to agree on the need for layered i/o.

I think sfio is more universal, esp since Perl now has some hooks
for it. I think sfio-Perl is still semi-experimental but at least
that means sfio is being worked on and is available from CPAN :)