httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Randy Terbush <ra...@zyzzyva.com>
Subject Re: GUI Development for Apache
Date Thu, 12 Jun 1997 20:59:15 GMT
> On Thu, 12 Jun 1997 rasmus@bellglobal.com wrote:
> > It might be more interesting to concentrate on developing Apache to make
> > it easier to build configuration tools.
>
> I support Rasmus's comments.  Let's focus first on a GUI tool for
> first-time users, then on one which will facilitate editing of
> existing config files, which I think will be a lot harder to do.
>
> 	Brian

I agree, but..

There is movement afoot to develop comprehensive interfaces. I
think that it would be good if we can begin the discussion about
what type of interface that we provide for whatever toolkit. This
discussion seems very relevant to 2.0 as well. Mainly I would like
to see if we as a group can bring together the effort that other
people have started to develop an interface that we have had a hand
in shaping.