httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: [2.0] proposed vhost config rewrite
Date Wed, 11 Jun 1997 01:48:43 GMT
Well.... One could almost say the some sort of GUI Apache
Configuration tool would be a neat 3rd party tool, but wonder
if we should focus on it. After all, you could do a lot with
server-side scripts and some web-pages...

I don't think anyone disagrees that the more complex the config
file (and let's be clear, the RUNTIME config file) is, the uglier
it's gonna be and the less people will want to muck around with
it. sendmail.cf is pretty powerful, but it's also a royal pain
in the buttocks. If Apache goes down that route, we're headed
for trouble. It's for that reason that I asked Marc about the
config declaration for the listen queue...IMO nothing should be
in there unless there's a _real_ good reason because it's
way to easy to have a runtime config file get way fat way fast.