httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Creeping featuritis
Date Tue, 10 Jun 1997 10:35:07 GMT
With 2.0 it will be easy to succumb to adding new nifty features
that really don't do too much (some would say that was the case
with 1.2 and why it was so late in coming).

We've started talking API changes, but in the "free-for-all" stage
I say everything is up for grabs. We had quite awhile ago
a "wish list" for 2.0. Could someone report that? Somethings may
depend on others or may even "force" a design. Let's look big first
and then get detailed. Let's do a Phase A/Feasibility study before
we start a Phase B/Baseline design.

>From what I can gleam, some general goals are:

	o OS ignorant API
	o Multithreading (issue: this goes hand-in-hand with API)
	o Super-intelligent Configure
	o config file(s) makeover (streamline it)