httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Kluft <ikl...@cisco.com>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCE]
Date Sat, 07 Jun 1997 08:11:11 GMT
> From: Brian Behlendorf <brian@organic.com>
>
> On Fri, 6 Jun 1997, Ben Laurie wrote:
> > Anyone think I should do it again?
>
> Send the mirror list, at least.  Changes since 1.2b1 seems excessive to me.
> Either changes since the last beta, or "new features in 1.2".

If we want the kind of media exposure that the commercial servers get, to
make our push for 50%, someone should also send copies to some of the major
media organizations that cover technical news.  Just use a few American and
European ones and let the rest get it from them.

If anyone can recruit some, we could probably use some volunteer marketeers
(or "evangelists", etc) aside from the technical group to keep the press
from bugging the developers.
--
Ian Kluft  KO6YQ PP-ASEL                                  Cisco Systems, Inc.
ikluft@cisco.com (work)  ikluft@thunder.sbay.org (home)          San Jose, CA