httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Howard Fear <...@pooh.pageplus.com>
Subject Re: ABOUT_APACHE
Date Fri, 06 Jun 1997 02:32:45 GMT

>From the fingers of "Roy T. Fielding" flowed the following:
>                                          We would even be happy if some
> commercial software companies completely dropped their own HTTP server
> development plans and used Apache as a base, with the proper attributions
> as described in the LICENSE file.

Rodent of Unusual Size replies:
>     What about using *pieces* of Apache (with proper attribution)?  I'm
>     thinking of things like the xSSI, CN, and so on.

FWIW, I think things like the xSSI extensions should be as public
as possible.  It makes life much easier for web page developers -
not to mention HTML-how to authors.  I can't speak for anyone else
who's worked on mod_include, but I wouldn't object if Netscape and/or
Microsoft implemented the same commands in their servers.  Still
won't make them as good as Apache ;-)

--
Howard Fear      I'm just a country perl hacker Jim.        hsf@pageplus.com
                    http://www.pageplus.com/~hsf/           hsf@redcape.com