httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: [STATUS] Thu Jun 5 07:12:25 EDT 1997
Date Thu, 05 Jun 1997 14:08:35 GMT
Marc Slemko wrote:

> On Thu, 5 Jun 1997, Jim Jagielski wrote:
>
> > It's straightforward... We did it (and even still do) for the
> > 1.1.3 branch and the "dev 1.2" branch. What I did was create 2
> > directories, apache-1.1-dev and apache and when I need to work
> > on the 1.1.x stuff, use that CVS tag and then spec that dir
> > on the cvs command line. When working on the regular stuff
> > 'cvs update -Pd apache' works fine
>
> But when you are working on the branch, you need to include the tag in it,
> eg.
>
> 	cvs update -r APACHE_1_2 -dP apache

Please reread what I said... create 2 directories, one with
the 1.2 stuff and the other with 2.0. For simplicity sake, name
the 2.0 stuff, which will be getting the most work, just apache.
Since it's the main one, 'cvs co apache' will work. For the
1.2 stuff, use the CVS (release) tag to checkout the 1.2
stuff