httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: Building binaries for 1.2
Date Wed, 04 Jun 1997 21:46:59 GMT
Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:

>     I seem to recall someone asking to-day just *how* to build canned
>     binaries for the various platforms, but I don't recall a
>     corresponding answer.  I only have the bundled cc at this point, no
>     gcc - we don't need to build one from each, do we?

I think that each pre-compiled build is a "nice thing" to provide
but we don't need to get into heavy detail about it. You could,
after all, do one with all modules, but the people who would most
likely use a pre-build binary wouldn't want, need or know how to
utilize all of them.

With that in mind, just build as you see fit with a detailed README
about how it was built and what was included. Adding the 'info'
and 'status' module is a good idea