httpd-dev mailing list archives

From sameer <sam...@c2.net>
Subject Re: Ack: Changed information for PR os-dgux/651 (fwd)
Date Tue, 03 Jun 1997 20:41:48 GMT

>     Hmm.  Well, do you see any reasonable way to automatically log
>     more of the dialogues in the PR?  I'd *almost* be willing to risk an
>     infrequent loop for the benefit of having more of an audit trail of
>     what is now 90% only in private mail..

	I haven't been paying much attention to this discussion, but I
thought I would describe what we do at C2 for this sort of thing-- it
may help, or not.

	Mail comes into stronghold-support@c2.net, and it gets stored
in the DB, assigned a tracking number. The From/Reply-To: is stored in
the DB as the from line for that incident. Then a mail gets sent to
our support folks, with a Reply-To: set to srs@c2.net. srs@c2.net gets
the response from our support person, sticks the response into the DB,
and then sends the response back out to the address stored in the DB
as the contact address for that incident.

--
Sameer Parekh					Voice:   510-986-8770
President					FAX:     510-986-8777