httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Kluft <ikl...@cisco.com>
Subject [2.0 idea] API extension mechanism, Round 3
Date Sun, 01 Jun 1997 16:59:37 GMT
I stayed out of the way while 1.2b11 was in progress...  But with it out the
door now, I'll bring up the idea again about a flexible mechanism for
extending the API in the 2.0 time-frame.

The discussion so far has made it a much better proposal, in my opinion.
I've taken several of Dean's suggestions since this was last discussed
here...  i.e. adding static methods to the "apigen" program.  Some of his
suggestions are also still on the to-do list.

It also has a start on an option to generate a C template of a module for
any interface defined in the API configuration file.

I updated the web page with the details so far...
   http://www.employees.org/~ikluft/apache/flex-api-proposal.html

And here's a list of other web pages with ideas and suggestions for 2.0 that
I've seen on the list.
   http://www.employees.org/~ikluft/apache/api2.0.html

If you sent a URL about 2.0 API ideas that I missed here, let me know.
I'll add it to the list.
--
Ian Kluft  KO6YQ PP-ASEL                                  Cisco Systems, Inc.
ikluft@cisco.com (work)  ikluft@thunder.sbay.org (home)          San Jose, CA