httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: mod_proxy problem in Apache v1.2b8 (fwd)
Date Mon, 05 May 1997 19:16:21 GMT
My suggesion in the bugtraq post was:

<Directory proxy:*>
order deny,allow
deny from any
allow from testing.maching.ip.address
</Directory>

He says it doesn't work for him in 1.2b10.  help?

Dean

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 1 May 1997 13:40:20 -0400 (EDT)
From: Lou Rinaldi <rinaldi@cfug.org>
To: dgaudet@apache.org
Subject: Re: mod_proxy problem in Apache v1.2b8

Using the instructions you wrote in your reply to my BUGTRAQ post, I am
now having another problem.... the proxy is denying access to everyone,
including the testing machine I explicitly allowed! If I go by the docs'
example, I end up with that security hole (anyone can access it). If I go
by your example, no one can access it, not even me. :) What am I to do?

Do you know of any online resource that has any sort of up-to-date,
thorough documentation about configuring Apache as an HTTP proxy?
--
Lou Rinaldi <lou@cfug.org> Co-Founder of The Connecticut Free Unix Group