httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Sutton <p...@ukweb.com>
Subject Re: GNATS and email..
Date Tue, 13 May 1997 20:39:20 GMT
On Tue, 13 May 1997, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:
>     1. If you reply to the original notification message, your reply
>        should go into the bugdb and get sent to the originator.
>        (Downside: a lot of replies to the mail are currently intended to
>        for the list only, and *not* to go to the bugdb).  So the
>        original `from' should probably be apbugs, not the customer's
>        email.  (Among other things.)
>     2. If you reply to a `problem changed' message, same behaviour as
>        above.

Yes, both of these would be cool. But what about changing the status via
email? It would be good for saving effort - replies could be shot off from
the PR itself, and yeah no more line ending problems!

>     3. You should be able to take ownership of a PR and still have the
>        mail be sent to the list as before (this might avoid some of the
>        recent confusions wrt who's doing what with which).

This seems like a good idea. Prevent confusion about who's doing what.
However I definitely don't want to miss any bugdb updates, so copies of
the messages must always still go to apache-bugs.

//pcs