httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Sutton <p...@ukweb.com>
Subject Re: Rought-draft list of things I've seen for 2.0
Date Fri, 02 May 1997 15:29:49 GMT
On Mon, 28 Apr 1997, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:
>     Just FWIW, I've recorded some of the for-2.0 issues and ideas at
>
>      <http://Apache.Golux.Com:9000/Apache200-wishlist>
>
>     It's not complete - I'm still including some of the suspended PRs -
>     but maybe it's useful as a start..

Lets not rush into long lists of updates that could be made to 2.0 without
first thinking clearly about the major restructuring needed. The three
things we need to work out carefully before any code starts:

 *  Threading (and sfio?)
 *  OS abstraction - to allow Windows, OS/2 and Unix from the same code
 *  Stackable modules, more API hooks

These will require *major* code surgery (including an API redesign), so
they have to be done before implementing the dozens of other new features
(or implement them first and release 1.2.1 and re-do later, or something).

//pcs