httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com>
Subject Re: [TEST] changes to bugdb.cgi
Date Sun, 01 Jun 1997 00:05:28 GMT
On Sat, 31 May 1997, Roy T. Fielding wrote:

> >    I took another whack at enhancing the bugdb.cgi script.  Please
> >    consider test-driving it at <http://www.apache.org/~coar/bugdb.cgi>..
> >
> >     o Added radio-buttons to select whether to free-text search the PR
> >       headers or the contents
>
> Can you make them multi-choice instead of either-or?  I want to be
> able to send  --text=aaaa --multitext=aaaa  in a single query.

That will confuse people more than help I fear; such a query is an and,
not an or.  There is no way to currently search for all PRs with aaaa in a
text _or_ in a multitext.

> >     o Added PR # to HTML title on when editing
> >     o do \r to \n translation on edit replies
> >     o changed mail message to be from "APBugs@Apache.Org (on behalf of xx)"
> >       and have the subject line that GNATS likes.  Hopefully this means
> >       that replies from the reporter will go to GNATS to be
> >       reforwarded, not just to the person who last edited the PR
>
> I don't think that is wise.  Aside from the bounces, we'll end up with
> a whole lot of quoted replies.  How about adding a footer to every
> message that says

>    To append more information to this report, send a mail message with
>    To: APBugs@Apache.Org
>    Subject: <whatever the auto-detect uses for this PR>
>
> We may want to do that in the gnats mailer, instead of the cgi.

Yes.  This would also allow people to add to the PR.  We should also put a
bit in the submission form that says "if you have things like config
files, etc. to include that don't fit in the www form nicely, wait until
you get this mail and then do that".

> That may cause problems with the e-mail interface.  I think it would
> be better just to leave it inscrutable.  It would also be nice to remove
> that "customer has account ...." message that appears on some gnats replies.

Hmm?  Which one?  There used to be one that said something along the lines
of:

   The contract type is `' with a response time of 3 business hours.

but we got rid of that.